Electrical Engineer/Hardware Engineer
What You Will Do
You will design analog and digital electronic circuits and be involved all aspects of product development of our lithium-ion battery solutions from early stage development through to product manufacturing and implementation. You will have the opportunity to travel outside of Canada, particularly to Scandinavian countries for periods up to 3-4 weeks working on-site with our customers to implement, trouble-shoot and support our products.
Why Join Us?
Because what we do makes a difference. We develop high performance lithium-ion batteries that out perform all other energy storage solutions. Our Thermal-StopTM and CellCoolTM systems are capable of controlling temperature and eliminating thermal runaway, thus making our batteries some of the safest and longest lasting in the world. Because of this, PBES and our customers are proud to be helping the planet by reducing emissions and making a positive impact on greenhouse gasses.
What Does the Job Look Like?
Based from our Vancouver head office and lab, you will be part of an integrated team of hardware and software engineers designing our lithium-ion batteries. While our 2 year old manufacturing company has a real product, real customers and a sales pipeline the envy of most mature companies, we are is still early stage so there is lots to do and loads of learning. We promise you won’t be bored! And you get to travel.
PBES offers a competitive salary and benefits plus a flexible work environment and start up environment.
- Design and support of analog and digital board level hardware solutions including:
- precision analog;
- linear and switching power supplies;
- high voltage isolation circuits;
- CPU interfacing;
- Ethernet interfaces;
- field I/O;
- surge protection circuits;
- design for EMI compliance
- On-site implementation and troubleshooting at customer premises which includes working on ships and in marine environments for periods of up to 3 weeks;
- Interfacing with PCB manufacturing and PCBA assembly contractors;
- Specifying components and identifying component sources;
- BOM management.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field;
- 2+ years of experience in an electrical engineering, manufacturing and/or board design
- Proficient with Altium Designer, LTSpice, and Microsoft Excel;
- Technical support experience identifying, prioritizing and resolving technical issues from inception to conclusion;
- Proficiency with all types of basic electronic Test & Measurement equipment;
- Proven problem solving and debugging skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to communicate effectively through remote access using web technologies;